The annual Out in the South event aims to educate and affirm the experiences of LGBTQ+ communities. Through community partnerships, we bring together a diverse population of LGBTQ+ individuals and allies to celebrate the unique cultures and build a supportive community for everyone. This event will take place at Florida State University – Panama City Holley’s Center.
Eventbrite link to register: https://oits2022.eventbrite.com/
The 2022 Out in the South features:
- Community tables
- Students’ lived experiences
- Religious Freedoms and What it Means for Equity with Rev. Fr. Rian Adams, Priest, Poet, Advocate
- LGBTQ+ Health and Wellbeing with Dr. Jonathan Applebaum (FSU professor)
- Intersectionality with Dr. Abigail Reed (FSU professor)
- Call to Action with Dr. Robert Cvornyek (FSU professor)
- Keynote speaker Nadine Smith
- Closing comments
FULL DETAILS: https://pc.fsu.edu/dsa/diversity-equity-inclusion/otis
The UUFBC will also have a table during this event and welcome anyone who would like to assist with the booth to join us. Please contact Bob Gilmore if you’re interested. AND be sure to come out and enjoy the day.