Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Bay County
Endowment Fund – Securing the Future
1410 Airport Rd.
Panama City, FL 32405
Why Do We Have an Endowment Fund?
Our congregation created the Endowment Fund (The Fund) in 2004 for the purpose of providing long-term support of Unitarian Universalism and the work of this fellowship.
Earlier generations gave time, passion, and financial resources to help sustain the values, vision and tradition of Unitarian Universalism, and to extend the work of our Fellowship. We work together today to help preserve these values for generations to come.
- As stipulated in our Bylaws, once The Fund reaches $15,000, distributions may be made for:
- Scholarships or grants to members of our Fellowship to attend UU related conferences or other training events which enable members to grow in faith and service to Unitarian Universalism.
- Outreach into the Community.
- The wider mission of the UUA, at home and overseas.
- A non-recurring distribution for our physical plant when all other sources have been exhausted.
Anyone Can Make A Meaningful Gift to UUFBC Fund
- As an expression of personal belief.
- In Memory Of or in Honor Of a member or loved one or cause.
- In his or her Will.
Regardless of the amount, your gift is a statement of faith that our Unitarian Universalist movement, and its voice for compassionate justice and religious freedom in this community, are important and will be important long after we are gone.
You Don’t Have to be a Millionaire to Make a Difference in the World
Requests and other gifts to the Endowment Fund are both sensible and simple gifts. You can use your Will to give a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or a specific item such as real estate, the family silver or savings bond.
Whatever you wish to give we want to make it easy. Sample bequest language is available from the Endowment Committee.
When you demonstrate that you care enough about Unitarian Universalism and our Fellowship to support its future, others will follow your generous example.
Investment and Social Responsibility
While practicing conservative principles of investment which balance income and growth with preservation of capital, where financially prudent, our investment philosophy is based on concepts of social responsibility.
Prospective donors are encouraged to consult with their personal financial advisors regarding any major gifts.