We support a liberal religious tradition that respects ideas, values diversity, and encourages the exploration of spirituality and life’s meaning.
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Being a Unitarian Universalist means taking personal responsibility for your own religious life. No one will try to remake you religiously. We won’t offer you “final and absolute truths” or rigid dogma. Instead, we try to provide a stimulating and congenial atmosphere in which you may seek answers…in which you may ask new questions…in which you are free to discover the best that is in you.
We reject the idea that a book or institution is superior to the conscience and intellect of a morally responsible human being. We affirm that your spiritual well-being is yours to determine. No one else can live your own life for you.
UUFBC welcomes individuals and families regardless of sexual or affectional orientation, gender identity or expression, race or ethnicity, ability/disability, class, age, or language and citizenship status.
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Bay County is a “Welcoming Congregation.”
UUFBC extends a warm welcome to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) individuals, families, and communities. We work to promote acceptance, inclusion, understanding, and equity for LGBTQ persons of all ages, abilities, colors, and genders, both within our denomination and in society at large. We are committed to protecting the civil and legal rights of LGBTQ people and families across the country.
We are a religious group with individual beliefs, led by the democratic process. We provide a nurturing place to express ourselves and to enrich Bay County by our Works.
Board of Directors
- President: Cathy Rifenburg
- Vice President: Helen Johnson
- Treasurer: Ken Sizemore
- Secretary: Bruce Johnson
- At-Large Members:
- Jack Harvey
- Melanie Maham
- Tisha McSharry
- Delmer White
Staff and Committee Chairs
- Music Director: Ron Fennell
- Arts Committee Chair: Vacant
- Chalice Lighters Committee Chair: Jennifer Wicoxson
- Endowment Committee Chair: Helen Johnson
- E-News Committee Chair: Cheryl Kellogg
- E-Newsletter Committee Chair: Canova Henderson
- Fellowship & Events Committee Chair: Delmer White
- Grounds & Facilities Committee Chair: Jerry Rifenburg and George Stevenson
- Green Sanctuary Committee Chair: VACANT Volunteer Needed
- Hospitality Committee Chair: Judy Neill
- Interior and Decor Committee Chair: Vacant
- Membership Committee Chair: Tisha McSharry
- Nominations Committee: Helen Johnson, Jack Harvey, and Serena Dee Latiolais
- Office Committee Chair: Cheryl Kellogg
- Pastoral Care Committee Chair: Serena Dee Latiolais
- Publicity Committee Chair: Charissa Thacker
- Religious Education Committee Chair: Christine Smith
- Small Groups Committee Chair: Christine May
- Social Concerns Committee Chair: Vacant
- Welcoming Congregation Committee Chair: Vacant
- Worship Committee Chair: Al Burgermeister