Earth Day is coming up soon, April 22 @ McKenzie Park, 8 am-4:30 pm, but UUFBC still has time to put together an interactive exhibit – WITH SOME HELP. The UUA is promoting awareness of the dangers of plastics to our environment. Bob Gilmore and the Social Justice Team are leading the coordination of this event. Tables, chairs, canopy, UU banner – will be available and set up.
Ideas to promote:
- tub of all the plastics that a household generates in a week
- educate about #1 & #2 plastics
- encourage Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
Help need with:
- eye catching posters
- an activity for kids – materials will be gathered by coordinator/team
- VOLUNTEERS to be at the table so that at least two or three people will be there at a time.
Please don’t be shy! Contact: Bob @ email@example.com or call 819-6562